Here are five other couples where there was no standing by the man—or wife—when a cheating scandal broke:
1. Sandra Bullock and Jesse James: When "Bombshell" McGee dropped a bombshell, the Oscar-winning actress fled with newly adopted baby Louis almost as fast as she nixed her four-year-plus marriage to the womanizing customizer.
2. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren: Was there ever any doubt where the golfer and the onetime nanny were headed after a National Enquirer exposé, a Thanksgiving disaster and a whole lot of alleged hookups (all his)? Nope. Nine months after the first "other woman" story, the divorce was final.
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: When the former Governator and the former network-news star separated 25 years into their A-list union, some wondered why. When Schwarzenegger announced he'd fathered a child with the longtime family housekeeper, Shriver lawyered up—and everybody knew exactly why.
4. Michaele Salahi and Tareq Salahi: Sure, it must've been a shock to go from thinking that his Real Housewives wife had been kidnapped, to learning that she was safe, sound and shacking up with the guitarist from Journey, but the experience didn't dull the reflexes of Mr. Salahi, who moved likethis to end his nearly eight-year-old marriage to Mrs. Salahi.
5. Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds: It wasn't a news item when the crooner hit Manhattan with screen-goddess Elizabeth Taylor, it was a four-alarm scandal—Fisher, at the time, was married, and supposedly happily so, to Reynolds. The Singin' in the Rain actress' inevitable divorce petition said it all, accusing Fisher of "extreme cruelty."