Jani Lane's demons ultimately proved his undoing.
The former Warrant singer died of alcohol poisoning, or, officially speaking, acute ethanol poisoning, Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter confirmed Wednesday to E! News.
Lane was found unresponsive and pronounced dead Aug. 11 in a San Fernando Valley hotel room.
Authorities previously said that a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication were near the body.
Investigators did not suspect foul play and an autopsy performed the following day proved inconclusive, but several friends of the rocker suspected that Lane's drinking problem had directly caused his death.
"It's no secret that Jani's had a difficult time for many years. Our genre of music has lost a real legend. I'll miss him," Lane's friend and onetime rep Sullivan Brigg told E! News at the time.