Looks like somebody is starting to feel a wee bit guilty about exploiting putting his kids on TV.
"As you may or may not be aware, I have been working for some time to remove my children from television," he wrote regarding his brood appearing on the non-Jon-starring TLC spinoff Kate Plus 8. "I do not believe being on TV is beneficial to any of them. They are no longer toddlers that are oblivious to what is going on around them. They are now six and ten, in school and desperately in need of a normal life."
In fact, he reveals that, as recently as Wednesday, he actually tried to make it happen by going to court.
However, "the judge respectfully denied my plea, and granted filming rights to their mother," Jon says. "I honor the judge's decision, but I do not support it."
And then the regret really starts to kick in.
"I would like to apologize to my friends, family, and especially my children for not taking a stand earlier in my life and not questioning my decisions to have our lives documented and displayed," he laments. "I will have to answer to my children for the rest of my life. I will have to live with this guilt the rest of my life. I am truly sorry!"
Well, they do say hindsight is 20/20. Although, in this case, that's probably an understatement.
Anyhow, Jon's tweetfest isn't sitting well with Team Kate.
"The court has previously entered an order restricting the parties from commenting on the underlying custody proceedings," her lawyer, Mark Momjian, tells RadarOnline.com.
The attorney says Jon's outburst could land him in contempt. And we shouldn't expect any similar tit-for-tat Twittering from Kate.
"We will respond to it through the court, as that is the appropriate forum to deal with these issues," Momjian adds. "The court was very clear in its orders to maintain privacy for this couple and their children and the issues they are dealing with."
Except, of course, when the cameras are rolling.