To put it delicately, Anna Nicole Smith's estate is less than flush with cash. (They can thank the appeals process for that one.)
So Larry Birkhead has done a little rummaging through his late baby mama's closet and, to provide money, an education and a secure future for their now 3 1/2-year-old daughter Dannielynn, has partnered up with Julien's Auctions to sell off Smith's stuff, previewing the items on this morning's Today show.
So what's up for grabs? Funny you should ask…
Clothing, furniture, a car, Sugar Pie's doggy bed, various memorabilia and even original artwork from Smith are all set to hit the auction block in the name of her daughter.
About whom, incidentally, Birkhead had this to say:
"Luckily she's not Googling yet. She's still just a kid. There will be the time when she'll learn things about her mom. But they're not bad things. Her mom was a great individual. She did a lot of things for charity. She was happy, she loved kids. Even though she had a tragic death, she loved life. There are happy things I can tell her about."
Like how her lifetime of wares provided a better life for her little girl.
Now, let's get specific. Here are some of the items up for grabs and what they're expected to fetch:
• Genie costume worn during launch party for season one DVD of the E! reality hit The Anna Nicole Smith Show ($1,000-$1,500)
• 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL roadster gifted to her from J. Howard Marshall ($10,000-$15,000)
• Anna Nicole original still life painting of flowers ($150-$250)
• Andy Warhol-style portrait of Anna Nicole ($400-$600)
• Bronze and marble "Thomas the Rymer" sculpture of a knight on a horse ($2,000-$3,000)
• Pink feathered doggy bed for Sugar Pie, Anna Nicole's miniature poodle ($200-$400)
• Silk screen of idol Marilyn Monroe ($1,000-$2,000)
• Fox fur full-length coat (don't worry, PETA knew about it and they were cool) given to her by late oil baron husband J. Howard Marshall ($1,500-$2,000)
• Original hand-painted rendition of Bubbles, a Powerpuff Girl, smoking a cigarette—or as Birkhead called it, "a dazed and confused Powerpuff Girl" ($150-$250)
• 1993 candy apple red Honda Shadow VT1100C motorcycle ($6,000-$8,000)
• Pink halter dress worn during 2004 Heatherette runway show during Fashion Week, in which Anna Nicole debuted her weight loss ($500-$700)
• Red velvet robe dress with faux fur trim, worn during 2002 Christmas special of E! reality show ($500-$1,000)
These items and more from the estate will be presented by Julien's Auctions at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas June 26. Which is about two months before Howard K. Stern and two doctors are set to be tried for providing the prescription drugs that killed Smith.
For the record, Birkhead is, for now, on Team Stern.
"I don't think he had anything to do with Anna Nicole's death. If anyone wondered if he would harm Anna or Dannie, I would say you're crazy. She basically was his life and still is to this day."
Follow @eonline on Twitter!
Get your checkbooks ready and take a good long look at the items up for grabs with a look through our Anna Nicole Auction gallery.