Just over a year ago, we said a sad so long to Showtime's groundbreaking series The L Word—a finale which, let's face it, left us dying for more.
Lucky for us, Showtime is bringing more of badass-chick goodness this summer, reality style, with The Real L Word, and we've got your exclusive first look at the sexy ladies.
If you thought those Real Housewives were racy, wait till you get a load of this—hello, it is the first gay-themed premium cable reality series! It's gotta be groundbreaking. Now get here and get to know the girls...
Described as "a rare, fly-on-the-wall look into the lives of attractive and successful L.A. lesbians," we'd like to introduce you to the lovely ladies of The Real L Word (clockwise from far left):
• Tracy, 29: Smokin' hot film and television development executive Tracy is the newbie to the lesbian scene, and still struggling with her mother, who's having a hard time dealing with Tracy's sexuality. Throughout The Real L Word, we'll watch Tracy juggle career and a new relationship.
• Whitney, 27: We're bound to see some drama with this one! The Hollywood special effects artist is a self-professed terrible girlfriend, saying she's "always looking for love, but losing to lust." Keep an eye on this street-smart wild child.
• Nikki, 37: Already famous in her own right (she's a rep/manager/producer/industry bigwig, and publicly came out on The Oprah Winfrey Show!), Nikki is now engaged and planning her wedding to Real L Word costar Jill.
• Rose, 35: Listen up, fans of the original L Word—Rose was actually the inspiration for Papi. This real estate advisor is a "lotharia" who wants to settle down, but can't seem to shake her old habits. She's currently in a loving relationship and has the full support of her family.
• Mikey, 34: Also a bit of an L.A. celeb, Mickey is the founder of The Gallery Los Angeles and produces LA Fashion Weekend. She's also engaged and trying to plan a wedding of her own. We'll see if she can balance her fiancée, clients and the motorcycle she loves so much.
• Jill, 33: This Jersey girl next door is engaged to costar Nikki and enjoys her career as a writer in Los Angeles. She, too, has the support of her family.
And there you have it. The Real L Word begins Sunday, June 20 at 10 p.m. on Showtime—will you be watching? Which lady are you loving already? Speak your mind in the comments below.
Showtime isn't the only channel bringing TV's Hot Girl-on-Girl Action. Take a peek here.