"The Koenig family thanks you for your kind thoughts at this difficult time," read an email sent out Thursday night by a rep for the family.
"It means a lot to them and they are very appreciative of the support they are receiving. Each of these emails will be printed and bound in a rememberance book."
Koenig was found dead of an apparent suicide today in Vancouver, a week after his parents, Walter and Judith, reported him missing. Once the Twitterverse learned of the news, his fellow celebs started paying their respects:
• Holly Robinson Peete: "Rest With Angels Andrew Koenig...worked with him on 21 Jump Street in Vancouver...so sadly and ironically where he was found. xxxx"
• Danny Masterson: "Terrible about Andrew Koenig. Did a film with him in '95 called Family Values. He was a great dude. Very smart.very cool. very funny."
• Doug Benson: "Just found out about Andrew. Thanks for all of your nice words. #ripandrewkoenig. Apologies if anyone was coming to the Improv tonigt in LA to see me. I won't be there, but go anyway—it'll be a fun show."
• Sarah Silverman "My heart is heavy for the Koenig family."
• Alyssa Milano "RIP. Andrew Koenig, missing since Valentine's Day, was found dead in Vancouver. If you know someone suffering from depression, please do everything in your power to get them help. RIP Andrew."
• Wil Wheaton: "Oh my god. I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
• William Shatner "My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family. I will grieve with them." (Shatner starred with Walter Koenig on Star Trek.)
• Joel McHale"All kidding aside please send up your prayers for the Koenig family. I'm sure you've heard they found their son's body today. Terribly sad"
• Candace Cameron: "Heartbreaking. Our prayers go out 2 his family."
• LeVar Burton "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
• Marlee Matlin: "Watching Walter Koenig's press conference about his son's death is heartbreaking. Don't ignore depression; recognize it and get help."
No funeral plans have been announced at this time. Vancouver police said they would not be commenting on the cause of Koenig's death until the coroner's service had completed its investigation.
(Originally published Feb. 25, 2010, at 9:07 p.m. PT)
Follow the news in Twitter time, @eonline.com.