The news of Andrea Bowen returning to Desperate Housewives for the season-six premiere is sparking debate that her homecoming means Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher) is at the altar, behind the veil and getting married to Mike Delfino (James Denton).
Spoiler Alert: We're giving you every chance not to peek inside at the evidence we've compiled because all signs point to one Wisteria Lane resident over the others.
Here are the five reasons to support who we think is under the veil...
Without dissing Dana Delany (Katherine Mayfair), we have a gut feeling that Susan is actually the blushing bride-to-be. The facts are these:
- Andrea Bowen is returning as Julie Mayer in a regular capacity this season. Mike always treated her like his own daughter while dating her mom, and she'd need to be back to be a bridesmaid in the wedding.
- Karl Mayer (Richard Burgi), Susan's ex-husband, was at the wedding (keep your eyes peeled on the 40-second mark). He has no ties to Katherine and he despises Mike. If it isn't Susan, why would he be there?
- The season finale script reads "The family is reunited" when Susan and Mike embraced after their near-death experience. Reunited and it feels so good, no?
- Because executive producer Marc Cherry wants them together. Regarding the Mike and Susan relationship, Cherry said back at the Paley Festival: "The idea is, we'll get back there. I don't know when. If ABC makes a deal with all of us, it looks like we have a few years to play this out, so I would imagine at some point in time Susan and Mike will find their way back in each other's universe." We think it's about time, don't you?
- Finally, we here at WWK simply want it to be Susan because we're sick of the merry-go-round of keeping them apart.
Now that we've given you our reasons for why we think Susan Mayer is getting hitched to Mike, it's time to hit the comments with who you think is the new bride. Susan Delfino or Katherine Delfino? You decide!