Fox Broadcasting/Sam Jones
It's been nearly a decade since The Simple Life aired its last episode.
Between Paris' infamous "that's hot" and the incomprehensible "sanasa" interjected by Nicole at the most inopportune times, the ladies' antics took the country by storm.
To pay homage to one of the most iconic reality shows of the 21st century, we've put together some of the duos best moments on the show.
1. Wall-mart?: Arguably the most iconic moment of The Simple Life was when Paris was confused about what exactly Walmart sells. The superstore carries pretty much everything under the sun, but Hilton still had her questions. "What is Walmart?" she asked. "Do they sell wall stuff?" Domesticity was clearly not her strong suit.
2. When Nicole provided the in-flight entertainment: Flying is awful always, unless you have Nicole and Paris as your flight attendants. They kept the atmosphere light at 35,000 ft, cracking jokes with customers and being straight up silly. Nicole famously asked one of the patrons on the plane, "Would you like a lap dance, dear?" Now, who said flying couldn't be fun?
3. That time Paris Hilton didn't know the difference between a blue-collar and a white-collar worker: Who can forget the time Paris and Nicole became auto-mechanics for a day? The two idly stood around each other, unsure what to do, when Paris asked Nicole, "So, is this [job] blue collar or white collar?" Nicole responded saying blue collar, to which Paris countered, "So is white [collar] better?" After a brief pause, Nicole said uncertainly, "White is like office, I think."
4. Tanning on the job, Hilton style: Vitamin D intake is clearly very important to Paris! When working the drive thru line at a fast food chain, standing grew to be a little cumbersome for the hotel heiress. A lack of chairs only prompted Paris to do one thing, sit on the window sill and soak in the sun. After being asked to get off and return to work, Paris said her famous words, "But it's so comfortable. I'm sunbathing."
5. When Paris inquired about diamond and pearl necklaces...for dogs: We've all heard about dog owners dressing their dogs, but this took things to another level. It's no secret that Paris Hilton was a lover of all that sparkles, and after this Simple Life moment, it was abundantly clear Paris wanted the same for her pooch as well. "Do you make diamond or pearl necklaces for dogs?" she asked a store representative. Jewelers worldwide, take note!
6. Getting the essentials at the grocery store: A typical grocery list could include anything from eggs to milk to bread. Paris, however, had her eyes set on something else when perusing through the aisles of the supermarket. How can one forget that time when Paris asked Nicole, "Do they sell Marc Jacobs or Chanel in this grocery store?" Good question, Paris!
7. The Driving Ticket Dilemma: Viewers may recall Nicole and Paris getting pulled over while driving around in one of the towns they were visiting. The duo got written up for having a blue light under their vehicle, despite trying to worm their way out of the situation. A frustrated Nicole blurted out, "Who do I need to f--k around here to get out of a ticket?"
8. Laundry-gate: Being displaced from the glitz and glam of their Beverly Hills led Paris and Nicole to contemplate one of life's most pressing questions: how to do laundry. Paris said in disbelief, "You take your laundry somewhere to wash your own clothes?" To which Nicole replied, "Yes, I've seen it in movies! Like in Forty Days and Forty Nights. Remember Josh Hartnett?" Who knew the movies could be so educational?
Oh the 2000s. Sanasa to the nostalgia!