Demi Lovato made headlines on Tuesday after she openly dissed Taylor Swift and her squad in an interview with Glamour magazine.
After Demi slammed Taylor for (in her own words) "tearing down Katy Perry" and maintaining a group of friends who depict a "false" body image, many people's eyebrows raised and mouths dropped. But the new comments really should come as no surprise for two reasons: 1) Demi has never been afraid to speak her mind, and 2) She's dissed T.Swift in the past...multiple times.
In fact, here's a look back at all the times she's called Taylor out before:
"Take something to Capitol Hill or actually speak out about something and then I'll be impressed," she tweeted after news of T. Swift's donation went public.
When fans began criticizing Demi for the comments, she responded, "How the f--k am I making this about myself? At least I'm talking about it. Not everyone has 250k to just give to people. Would love to but I didn't grow up with money and def haven't made as much as her," Lovato wrote in now-deleted tweets. "At least I speak up about s--t that's uncomfortable to talk about rather than trying to be politically correct 24/7."
2. On Not Getting Along: The "Stonecold" singer made it very clear in an interview with Refinery 29 in May that she and Taylor simply aren't friends.
"Listen, there's nothing positive that comes from pitting women against each other," she acknowledged, before noting, "There are women that I don't get along with, and that's fine."
3. The Feminist Argument: In the same interview, Demi said she believes Taylor doesn't act on being a feminist even though she promotes it.
"My thing is, don't brand yourself a feminist if you don't do the work," she said. "I have an immense amount of respect for women like Lena Dunham...or Beyoncé, who make amazing political statements through their work."
4. Taking Kim Kardashian's Side: After Kim Kardashian released the videos of Taylor approving Kanye West's "Famous" lyrics several celebrities took sides on the matter.
While Selena Gomez asked people to talk about "more important things," Demi appeared to take Kim's side, liking a tweet at the time that read, "I love Kim Kardashian."
5. Standing Up for Katy Perry: Demi's latest interview for the cover of Glamour magazine's November 2016 issue touched on the topic of Taylor again, specifically regarding that "Bad Blood" video that was reportedly aimed at Katy Perry.
"I think that having a song and a video about tearing Katy Perry down, that's not women's empowerment," Demi said. "We all do things that aren't, but I have to ask myself, 'Am I content with calling myself a feminist?' Yes, because I speak out."
6. On What She Doesn't Like About Taylor's Squad: "I think in certain situations, certain people could be doing more if they're going to claim that as part of their brand," she said in Glamour. "To be honest, and this will probably get me in trouble, I don't see anybody in any sort of squad that has a normal body. It's kind of this false image of what people should look like. And what they should be like, and it's not real."
Also don't forget that words can be taken out of context when doing interviews.. still not apologizing for saying what everyone want to say— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) October 4, 2016
7. Keeping It Real: Demi's latest jab at Taylor comes during a Twitter rant Tuesday in which she said she doesn't regret anything she's said about T.Swift.
"I get asked questions. I answer them. Sue me," she tweeted, following it up with. "Also don't forget that words can be taken out of context when doing interviews.. still not apologizing for saying what everyone want to say."
She continued, "I don't understand why people care so much about what I say in interviews? Do y'all watch the news? Don't y'all got shit to worry about?"
Finally, she promised next year she's refraining from the B.S. "So excited for 2017. Taking a break from music and the spotlight.. I am not meant for this business and the media."