The Olympian—who shares kids Nash, 7, Easton, 4, 3-year-old twins Asher and Aksel and 19-month-old Scarlet Olivia with wife Morgan Miller—opened up about Asher's recent hospitalization, noting that his medical treatment came days after the family had a construction crane parked in their driveway.
"Despite keeping the kids inside for obvious safety reasons, the little ones got really sick from it," the 45-year-old wrote in a since-removed Instagram post on July 27, per People. "Asher ended up in the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. All are well now, but passing along as a reminder to all parents of the dangers of carbon monoxide. Reminder to go test your CO detectors."
"Life is constantly walking a knife edge and it's not something we're unfamiliar with," Morgan wrote in a December 2022 Instagram Story post, alongside a photo of her son in the hospital with Bode. "Yesterday, Asher had a febrile seizure which scared us half to death."
But as Morgan noted at the time, they were more than grateful that Asher was able to recover.
"He's home and back to his normal self," she wrote. "I am reminded to slow down and realize life's little gifts during this crazy holiday season because we already have everything we need. Our loved ones. Our health. And more time."