They say all good things must come to an end one way or another, and Chloe Grace Moretz and Brooklyn Beckhamfairy-tale summer romance was no exception to the rule.
But don't mourn the end of Hollywood's latest teen couple to bite the dust. After all, young love is just that, and in a few months these two will most likely have moved on to their next Instagram-celebrated fling.
So instead of rehashing their most adorable moments together or replaying every interview where the actress has gushed over the 17-year-old Brit, let's celebrate the fact that these two had a whirlwind run together, and for better or for worse, are on to the next exciting chapter of their lives.
It's too soon to tell what's next for Chloë and Brooklyn as they pick up the pieces of their relationship, but one thing's for sure, and it's that their futures look pretty bright from where we're standing. Here are five reasons the former lovebirds will be just fine following their split:
1. She Has a Solid Career: Let us remind you that long before she started dating David and Victoria Beckham's son, Moretz was an extremely accomplished actress in her own right. And she still is, with a number of silver screen projects in the works for the esteemed actress to dive right into now that she's single. Speaking of diving, Chloë is also set to star as beloved Disney princess Ariel in the live-action reboot of The Little Mermaid.
Moretz couldn't have put it better, telling Glamour U.K. in an interview, "Seriously, you don't know how often I'm just described as ‘his girlfriend' and you think, ‘Well, I've also been acting for 13 years, but don't worry.'"
2. His Career Is Just Taking Off: The freckle-faced teen, whose hobbies also include hanging out with his fabulous family and making the scene at New York Fashion Week, made his modeling debut on the cover of Man About Town magazine at the age of only 15 and became Miss Vogue's first-ever cover boy last fall. Then, having learned more about high fashion than most do in a lifetime, Beckham took his discerning eye behind the camera and shot an Instagram campaign for Burberry's Brit Fragrances. Not too shabby for a kid with such large shoes to fill!
3. They'll Be Able to Lean on Their Families: Both Chloë and Brooklyn know a thing or two when it comes to sticking close to their loved ones when times get tough. The Moretz clan is made up of four very protective older brothers, while Posh and Becks are the famous parents to Brooklyn and his three younger siblings. That being said, there's nothing a little venting sesh with the fam can't fix, especially if that venting involves kicking a soccer ball over and over again into a net.
4. They're Totally Level-Headed: With fame comes an ego and with an ego comes the potential to fall, and fall hard. But that's not the case with Beckham or Moretz, who have proven that despite dealing with the pitfalls of fame on a daily basis, they've both got a great head on their shoulders. Case in point: The couple's decision to wait an incredibly long time before even announcing they were an official item. Rumors have swirled since 2014 that these two shared more than just a friendship, and in an age where sharing your #ManCrushMonday is a mandatory Instagram post, their penchant for privacy says a lot.
5. Their Friendship Is Ironclad: At the end of the day, Moretz and Beckham's friendly foundation is strong enough to weather any breakup storm. Having known each other for years, these two have all but grown up together, and it's hard to quit such a deep-rooted relationship cold turkey. And if we've learned anything from young love in Hollywood, it's that the future can't be predicted.