• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
Kesha, Dr. Luke, Lukasz Gottwald

Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic, Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

Even though Kesha filed to dismiss her sexual assault lawsuit against Dr. Luke in California earlier this month, the songstress and music producer are still fighting a legal battle in New York.

Attorneys for the singer and music producer appeared in court today to discuss whether they feel New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Werner Kornreich, the New York judge who ruled in April that Kesha couldn't record outside her contract with Dr. Luke's Kemosabe Records, a Sony Music Entertainment imprint, has a conflict of interest in the case, as she's married to an attorney who's a partner at a law firm that counts Sony as a client.

A court representative for Judge Korneich told E! News when the news broke, "Where an employee's spouse or children are employed, judicial or non-judicial, is not something we are involved in. If counsel for either party has concerns, they can take it up in the proper venue."

Tuesday's hearing was that "proper venue," and both sides said they feel that the Judge Kornreich should not be recused. 

"Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts," the pop star's counsel, Daniel Petrocelli, said in an official statement to E! News at the time of the dismissal. "Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony and the label Kesha's strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible."

Kesha also posted to Instagram with the caption, "My fight continues. I need to get my music out. I have so much to say. This lawsuit is so heavy on my once free spirit, and I can only pray to one day feel that happiness again. I am continuing to fight for my rights in New York. Thank you for all your support. The support of my fans has been so beautiful and I'm so grateful for it. I'm Not sure where I would be without you all."

As soon as the news broke, Dr. Luke's legal team spoke out and slammed the "Kiss n Tell" singer. "If Kesha is voluntarily dismissing her claims in the California case, it is because she has no chance of winning them," Christine Lepera said in a statement to E! News. "Earlier this year, she lost her meritless counterclaims against Dr. Luke in the New York Action. Recently, the California Court invited Dr. Luke and the other defendants to move to dismiss Kesha's claims in that action. Kesha never should have brought her false and meritless claims against Dr. Luke in any court. Dr. Luke's defamation and other claims against Kesha are still proceeding."

Kesha has been tied to Dr. Luke and his Kemosabe label for four years. Although she has performed at select events such as the Billboard Music Awards, Kesha hasn't been able to release new music.

As the case has played out in the media, Dr. Luke has continuously denied any allegations of sexual assault or battery.