Ryan Lochte

Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images

There were some people—cough!—who said Ryan Lochte's days as paid celebrity spokesman were over after the Rio robbery scandal.

As of Monday, Speedo USA, Ralph Lauren and the rest of the Olympic athlete's sponsors had dropped him. But this is America, the land of second chances! By Tuesday, Lochte was "in talks" for Dancing With the Stars, and by Thursday, he'd nabbed a new endorsement deal with...Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops.

Jeah, that's right, the 12-time Olympic medalist is following in Waka Flocka's footsteps and shilling lozenges to soothe sore throats.

Pine Bros. CEO Rider McDowell reached out to Lochte following last week's incident and, according to a company press release, "asked the public to be a little more understanding—even forgiving—of the young American swimmer."

"We all make mistakes, but they're rarely given front-page scrutiny," McDowell said in a statement. "He's a great guy who has done in credible work with charities. I'm confident that Pine Bros. fans will support our decision to give Ryan a second chance."

Lochte, 32, released a statement via Instagram, writing, "Thanks to all the folks at pine bros. for your confidence in me. I look forward to making you proud."

Godspeed, Lochte.

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share