Summer is almost here and it's time to heat up your wardrobe and experiment with these brand new, white-hot fashion trends. Style expert Lindsay Albanese stopped by E! News to share her favorite ways to incorporate this sizzling trend.
Trend: Gladiator sandals, Felt hats
This summer we're going to see the knee grazing gladiator flats as a major trend, the length of the sandal elevates the look, literally, making it sophisticated and polished. Appropriate for day or night, especially when paired with the right pieces. And move over straw hats, felt hats aren't just for fall and winter anymore. The texture adds a touch of luxury to a summer outfit.
· Let your gladiators be the focal point with minimal accessories
· When wearing felt in summer, remember to keep it in a white or pale shade.
-Hat- Lack of Color $45.00
-Coat, TOPSHOP, $150.00
-Romper- TOPSHOP, $76.00
-Sandals- Kohl's, $69.99
Trend: Culottes/Gaucho pants
Don't be afraid but culottes are back in a big way this season! These billowy, cropped, not quite short not quite skirt item gives off an effortless, high fashion style sensibility when worn correctly.
· take away from the bulk by showing a tasteful flash of skin at the midriff in a longer crop top or button up blouse, knotted at the front.
· Always add a heel to elongate the silhouette ad make you look long and lean.
-Top- ASTR for Nordstrom, $48.00
-Culottes- ASTR for Nordstrom, $58.00
-Gold Bangles- Michael Kors, $95.00
-Clutch- Prima Donna, $29.99
-Heels- Steve Madden, $99.95
Trend: Pom Poms, back cleavage, sandal booties
Unlike its fringe and lace predecessors, pom pom trim isn't something we've seen a ton of which is why it's especially fresh and playful for summer. Kim K recently picked up a super chic version at CELINE in Paris, and you can pick one up for a fraction of the cost. Don't forget to pair it with a cool "back cleavage" tank and sandal booties.
· Forget the front cleavage, back baring cuts like this t-back tank ooze an understated sexiness that isn't as obvious as wearing a low cut front.
· Boots aren't just for winter- cut out sandal booties toughen up an otherwise breezy look while still keeping your toes cool.
-Tank- Show Me Your MuMu, $118.00
-Skirt- ASOS, $41.92
-Boots- Steve Madden, $99.95
-Bag- Steve Madden, $88.00