Sam Lutfi is further out of the picture than ever before.
Opting to not rock the boat, Britney Spears' erstwhile manager skipped a Wednesday court hearing pertaining to the temporary restraining order that requires him to keep at least 250 yards away from the pop princess.
The order was subsequently extended until July 31 by Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Reva Goetz and officially approved this afternoon by Judge Aviva K. Bobb after Goetz, responding to a motion previously filed by Lutfi asking for a judge to oversee the case, recused herself from these proceedings. (View the court papers.)
Goetz is still presiding over the conservatorship case involving the 26-year-old "Toxic" singer and is scheduled to hear issues regarding Spears' trust on Thursday.
Attorneys for Jamie Spears, who has been appointed temporary coconservator of his daughter's estate until at least July 31, and Lutfi's legal camp also readily agreed to the terms.
"We believe this is in the best interest of Ms. Spears," Jamie's attorney, Vivian Thoreen, told the judge.
Earlier Wednesday, Lutfi's spokesman, MIchael Sands, exclusively told E! News that Lutfi was willing to abide by the court's order.
"He just agreed to it," Sands said. "Sam and the family are communicating and cooperating, trying to do what's best for Britney."
Lutfi, once a frequent fixture in Britney's life, was not served with the initial order until Feb. 21, three weeks after Jamie and Lynne Spears moved to keep him away from their daughter after he helped arranged for her hospitalization at UCLA Medical Center.
A federal judge immediately prolonged the order for another month, and when March 17 rolled around, Lutfi complacently agreed to another 30 days sans Spears.
"He respects Britney, he respects the temporary restraining order, and everyone is beating him up for no reason," Sands said last month. "Enough is enough."
—Additional reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum(Originally published April 16, 2008, at 1:55 p.m. PT)