It's a blue day for Aaliyah fans everywhere. The talented singer and actress passed away on this day back in 2001, in a highly unfortunate plane crash in The Bahamas. So much time has passed between now and then, but fans have continued to mourn her loss and celebrate her life every time this day roll around. In honor of the awesome jams she left for us to enjoy, we're celebrating her life with a roundup of some of her best music videos that still stick with us today.
It's pretty incredible that her songs have stood the test of time, especially since she began her career at such a young age. So many of these hits are timeless, and TBH, we were jamming out to all of these while putting this article together. From "Rock the Boat" to "More Than a Woman," and every throwback in between, we've got a great list of vids for you to sit back, relax and pay your respects to the superstar.
1. "More Than a Woman" Aside from this song being absolutely amazing, her giant Chanel logo belt is making us so happy right now.
2. "Are You That Somebody" Epic cargo pants and belly chains? Too perfect. Only she could be that somebody.
3. "We Need a Resolution" Okay, damn! These words are deep, you guys. "Am I supposed to change? Are you supposed to change?" Wondered every person ever after a fight with their significant other.
4. "Try Again" "Dust yourself off and try again," is a mantra we still carry into our lives today.
5. "One In a Million" Here she hits us with a chiller vibe, with a white color scheme and, of course, sunglasses. She's the sunglasses queen if you haven't noticed.
6. "The One I Gave My Heart To" Emotional ballad time! Get your tissues out.
7. "Rock the Boat" YAS. That yacht life, though. Aaliyah showed off her sexy side in this vid.
8. "Miss You" If you still have tissues left over from video #6, save them. Originally this song was recorded by Aaliyah but never released. After her death, friends like Missy Elliott, DMX, Nick Cannon, Toni Braxton, Timbaland, La La Anthony and much more, got together to make a tribute music video using the song.
9. "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" Could this have been about the supposed marriage between a young Aaliyah and R. Kelly? We'll leave that up to you to decide.
10. "If Your Girl Only Knew" Those deep cuts, though. The queen of wearing sunglasses is back, killing it in this throwback.
Remembering Aaliyah: E! interviews the talented singer and actress back in 2001