We are that much closer to getting Fifty Shades Darker.
The highly anticipated sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey just wrapped filming in Vancouver. Author E.L. James—who helped with the adaptation of the film, as well as Fifty Shades Freed, which was shot simultaneously—posted on Instagram yesterday to share the exciting news.
"And that's wrap Vancouver," she wrote alongside a photo of her and director James Foley. "Thank you to the most fantastic crew and production team. You are all amazing."
Stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan still need to reportedly shoot some scenes in Paris, but hey, we're a lot closer to the final product than when we started.
So, with that happy tidbit in mind, we thought we'd revisit some scenes that we just can't wait to see played out on the big screen for Fifty Shades Darker (we'll get to Fifty Shades Freed when the release date gets closer. We don't want to make the waiting game worse than it already is).
And guess what? None of them have to do with sex, because it's kind of obvious that any and all sexual moments between Anastasia and Christian are scenes we're excited to see. Duh.
1. Rekindling Their Romance: So, as we know, Ana and Christian weren't exactly on good terms at the end of the first film. But, spoiler alert! They get back together. The best part, though, is they take their relationship to new depths. Instead of just being these adventurous sex pistols, these two actually fall in love with each other. Be still our hearts!
2. Step Aside, Jack Hyde: How dare Steele's new boss Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson) try to make unwanted advances on her! Unfortunately for him, he'll have to face the wrath of Anastasia and Christian. And you know that won't be pretty.
3. Creepy Leila: Ugh, remember how spooky it was just reading the pages about Leila Williams (Bella Heathcoate)? When Grey's ex-submissive comes back to town to scare off Steele, she does a good job...at least, physically. The photos that surfaced of Heathcoate in character proved that these scenes with Leila are going to be creepy AF.
4. Role Reversal: We definitely get to know a more vulnerable side of Grey this time around, and he even goes as far as becoming the submissive and letting Ana be the dominant as an attempt to keep her around. Now if that's not true love, we don't know what is.
5. There She Is: Finally, we get to meet Elena Lincoln aka Mrs. Robinson aka Kim Basinger. The woman who first introduced Grey into this BDSM world (and who also happens to be his business partner) makes an appearance, and of course, tries to stir the pot because b----es be crazy.
6. Girl Fight: Speaking of Elena, there's one scene that's sure to be a goody. Remember when Ana, Elena and Grey's mom Grace (Marcia Gay Harden) have an altercation? After announcing Ana and Christian's engagement (oops, spoiler!), Elena confronts Steele and claims she'll never make Christian happy. Oh, no she didn't! This obviously irritated Ana and caused her to defend their love. Meanwhile, Grace discovers the underage affair between Elena and Christian and all hell broke loose!
Fifty Shades Darker hits theaters February 2017.