• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
Paul McCartney, Tyga

Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images for Republic Records, Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic

After Paul McCartney appeared to be turned away at a Grammy after-party Tyga was reportedly hosting, the 26-year-old rapper is setting the record straight: blame the fire marshal, not him!

When a video surfaced of the knighted musician looking like he had been rejected at the door alongside Beck and Foo Fightersdrummer Taylor Hawkins, Kylie Jenner's on-and-off beau came under fire for turning away a Hollywood musical legend. Finally, he got a chance to share his side of the story. First of all, it wasn't even his party. 

"No. I actually got paid to go and perform," he told Jimmy Kimmel during Tuesday's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live. "I really had no knowledge of what was going on. I just showed up."

In fact, according to the musician, the fire marshal would not allow anyone else to come in. "You'd think fire codes wouldn't apply to Beatles," Kimmel quipped.

E! News later learned that McCartney wasn't at the right party anyway. 

"They came to the wrong party. Security told them to go to the front entrance and so they were arguing a bit but once they realized it was the wrong party they didn't want to come in," a source shared. "They weren't kicked out or not allowed in."

To make matters right again, Tyga shared a new apologetic offer. 

"I have a show coming up," he teased. "Paul, if you're watching this, I would love for you to come. I will personally walk you in." 

Before we conjure up daydreams of the rapper and 20-time Grammy winner arm in arm performing "Rack City" on stage, we're not going to get any of our hopes up. After all, McCartney hasn't responded to Tyga's apologetic tweets as of yet. 

Fortunately, the rapper isn't concerned about any British retaliation for the after-party mishap. When Kimmel asked him if he was worried about a future diss track from the singer, Tyga remained cool.

"I don't think so," he admitted. "He's pretty OG in the game."