Not sure about the kind of luck Kevin Federline's having these days, but everyone else sure seems to score when he's around.
And we don't just mean the strippers at Scores Las Vegas, where Britney Spears' ex-husband recently left a $2,000 tip on a $365 tab, prompting an inquiry from Spears' camp into whether Federline really needed help paying his attorneys' fees.
According to court documents obtained by E! News, the doting dad continues to spend big bucks on the kids ($1,517 during one trip to Babies "R" Us, for example), but he also isn't shy about dropping $589 on a pair of Gucci trousers or pampering himself to the tune of $1,200 at the Burke Williams spa in Los Angeles. (View more documents.)
And apparently he is single-handedly supporting the Venetian, the Hard Rock, Caesars Palace and various other Vegas hot spots when out of town, spending $50,489.71 for room and board, purchasing $40,000 worth of bling at Leor Jewelry & Timepieces at the Palms and plunking down $2,632 in one sitting/mingling at Tao Beach, the Venetian's poolside club.
Here's a rundown of some of the more noticeable expenditures billed to Federline over the past year:
- $500 dropped one night at the Mondrian Hotel's Skybar in West Hollywood. That's one night out of many. Tons. More nights than there are in a year, it seems. (All those spreadsheet figures start running together after awhile.)
- $3,923 for a shopping spree at Barneys New York (in Beverly Hills), part of the $10,300.50 in wardrobe expenses that kept him suitably clothed for all those nights on the town in 2007.
- $477 at a HoneyBaked Ham store. Someone got a nice gift last year.
- $127.15 at Ann Taylor, which sells only ladies' clothing, so while we don't know who the threads were for, they weren't for him. (Well, they weren't listed under "total wardrobe expenses," anyway.) Actually, Spears' family attorney, Stacy Phillips, alleged in court last month that Federline lets the mother of his first two kids, Shar Jackson, use his business credit card, so maybe his once-spurned ex decided to treat herself.
- Various dues and insurance fees paid to the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Radio and Television Artists. Oh yeah, Federline's been on TV, reading lines.
- $105.67 at Victoria's Secret. Ew.
- $243.55 at Dave's Flowers & Gifts. Aw.
Not including all of the jaunts to Sin City (airlines of choice include Southwest and Alaska), the stay-at-home dad sure doesn't seem to be home much, at least not at meal time, what with all the credit-card charges from places like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Chin Chin, Burger King, Quiznos Sub, Pizza Hut, Jerry's Famous Deli, Houston's and Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles.
Then again, K-Fed is also racking up big bills at Ralphs supermarket, so meals do seem to be getting cooked at Casa Federline, as well.
Meanwhile, the once-aspiring rapper and guest star from small-screen fare such as One Tree Hill and CSI earned $398,734 last year from acting and $124,722 from appearance fees. Only $9,849 of his earnings was music related.
—Additional reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum