Celine Dion's heart may go on, but her show won't.
The ever-fragile Canadian chanteuse has been forced to postpone several concerts in Australia due to a throat infection, her reps have announced.
Shows in Brisbane and Melbourne were pushed back earlier this week after Dion complained of a sore throat and irritated sinuses upon her arrival Down Under. Two performances in Sydney have also been postponed for a week.
Dion, who has been photographed wearing a surgical mask in recent days, presumably to ward off any further germs, apologized to her fans for the delay.
"I've been looking forward to doing these shows for so long," Dion said in a statement. "I'm really sorry to disappoint my fans this weekend, but I can't wait to see them on the new dates."
The singer, currently in the midst of her first world tour in 10 years, has been advised by her doctors to rest her voice for an additional 48 hours to ensure her recovery, her rep said.
Her latest ailment likely means a low-key birthday celebration for Dion, who turns 40 on Sunday. In the past four years, Dion has canceled shows for a raft of maladies, including a neck injury, a rare ear disease, bronchitis and a viral infection.
Dion wrapped up her long-running Vegas show A New Day in December and launched her yearlong Taking Chances tour last month in South Africa.
Up ahead, she is slated to appear on Idol Gives Back for the second year in a row. The charity special airs April 9.
UPDATED April 3, 2008 at 4:55 p.m. PT: Logistical details have also forced Dion to cancel an April 13 show in Beijing, although plans for her April 11 concert in Shanghai are still on. "I'm really sorry that things couldn't be worked for the concert in Beijing," the singer said in a statement. "I was really looking forward to it. I'm excited about visiting the city and appearing on [personality Yang] Lan's show. At least I will get a chance to visit Beijing and continue to make plans for a future concert."