Marcus Burnett and Mike Lowrey might be back on the big screen!
Martin Lawrence confirmed that a third Bad Boys movie is in development during an appearance on TBS' Conan Wednesday. "I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close, and it all looks good," the 49-year-old actor revealed.
Lawrence, who played Marcus in 1995's Bad Boys and 2003's Bad Boys II, did not reveal whether Will Smith will reprise his role. Still, it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Smith, Lawrence's partner in crime. He hinted at it, however, after Conan O'Brien asked to be given a walk-on role in the film. " I will mention it to will smith and Jerry Bruckheimer that Conan wants a cameo," Lawrence said with a smile.
"We wanna cast you in it," he said. "You know what you could play? A crooked cop on crack."
Conan laughed and shouted, "Yes! I think I was born to play that."
Lawrence first expressed interest in the movie last month. "11 years ago today, Bad Boys II was released in theaters. Feelin' it'' about time for number 3… what do you think Will Smith?" he wrote on Facebook July 18.
Earlier this year, Bruckheimer discussed the difficulties of getting a third Bad Boys movie made. "It's so funny because we'll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, 'Well, maybe it's not the time for this.' And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they're all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It's just trying to get everybody together to make it," he told Collider. "But, we're working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we'll do it."