The curse of The Bachelor continues.
Lieutenant Andy Baldwin and Tessa Horst—the latest lovebirds to meet cute on the ABC dating series—have confirmed that they have called off their engagement.
"We are very much in love and committed to our relationship," the couple said in a statement. "Our relationship continues to deepen, and we're very hopeful about our future together."
Baldwin, 30, popped the question to the 26-year-old social worker after she accepted his final rose on the May 21 finale of The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman.
"When the fantasy wore off and the reality set in, we both realized we weren’t ready to be engaged," Baldwin told In Touch Weekly, which first reported the scuttled engagement. "We're taking things much slower."
Baldwin and Horst have also called off their plans to cohabitate—at least for now. Last month, Baldwin told reporters Horst was moving from San Francisco to Hawaii, where he is posted with the U.S. Navy, but with a possible reassignment pending, the twosome reached the conclusion that it made more sense for her to stay put.
"We decided it was not the ideal time for Tessa to uproot herself and move out [to Hawaii] right now," the couple said.
Had Baldwin and Horst made it to the altar, they would have been the first couple in Bachelor history to tie the knot. Of all the pairings to come out of the show over 10 seasons, only two other couples—season six's Byron Velvick and Mary Delgado and season seven’s Charlie O'Connell and Sarah Brice—are still romantically involved.
Original Bachelorette pair Trista and Ryan Sutter are the only success story the franchise has to show for its matchmaking efforts. The twosome, who wed in December 2003, welcomed their first child, baby boy Maxwell, last month.
The next season of The Bachelor, starring Texas bar owner Brad Womack, premieres Sept. 24.
Maybe the 11th time's the charm?