Harley Viera Newton is an internationally renowned DJ and a Coachella guru. This season she is guest blogging for The Fabulist to give us a sneak peek into all things Indio, and she's letting us in on everything you need to bring to experience Coachella in style. Here's a hint: Dry shampoo is a must!
1. Fashion First: I always hit Topshop, because it's the perfect one-stop shop for all Coachella needs: swimsuits, sunglasses, and easy day dresses. I'm obsessed with this gingham one piece, which will definitely be coming with me.
2. Huge Hats Needed: A big sun hat can come in very handy, especially by the pool so you don't overdo it before the festival. I'm in love with my new Gucci one!
3. Just in Case: I never travel without Klorane Dry Shampoo and Coachella is no exception. It's perfect if your hair needs a pick-me-up, but you don't have time to do very much!
4. Leave the Heels at Home: A simple comfortable shoe will be your best friend. It's not a time to experiment! Last year I ran into Jason Wu at the Palm Springs airport, and he gave me these amazing jelly sandals he made with Melissa. I wore them all weekend!
5. Fresh to Death: Just because it's a festival doesn't mean you have to forget perfume! I bring my favorite, Le Labo Rose 31.