starsurf / Stewy / Splash News
starsurf / Stewy / Splash News
In a post on Facebook Sunday, the Good Morning America host reflected back on a "critical milestone" in her treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome, saying she was grateful for her "longtime girlfriend" Amber Laign, among others.
An ABC spokesperson confirmed to E! News that Roberts has been in a 10 year same-sex relationship with Laign, who is a licensed massage therapist who specializes in working with people recovering from injuries.
But what else do we know about Amber Laign? Well...
1. Sweet Set-Up: E! News confirms that Roberts and Laign, a Bay Area native, met through mutual friends (who are, apparently, some fantastic matchmakers).
2. Moving Experience: Laign reportedly graduated from Clayton Valley High School in Concord, Calif., in 1992. The family moved to California from Lebanon, NJ, where Amber attended the Round Valley Middle School.
3. The Right Touch: According to Laign's LinkedIn account, she studied massage therapy at The Swedish Institute of Health Sciences for a year in 2008, and specializes in Deep Tissue, Swedish, Myofascial Release and Trigger Point.
4. Fashion Flashback: Laign has a fashion background. Before opting to become a licensed massage therapist (a career she's been doing for four years now), Laign worked as a sales representative for Berger & Stevens (a showroom that displays "unique collections of evening wear, separates, sportswear, and accessories which they can then proudly present to the nation's finest specialty stores") for nine years.
5. You've Seen Her Before: Roberts and Laign's relationship may have just been officially revealed to the public, but these two have appeared together for multiple events. Just this past July, Laign was present to support Robin as she was honored with the ESPN's Arthur Ashe Award for Courage. Amber can be seen sitting next to Roberts' sister Sally Ann. Amber also met up with Robin at Elton John's Oscar bash in February.
6. Age Gap: Robin's longtime girlfriend is a bit younger than the daytime television host. In fact, there's a 14 year age gap between the lovebirds. Roberts is 53 years old, while Amber is 39 years old.
7. They Enjoy Vacationing Together: The pair recently enjoyed a getaway to Hawaii in August. "Had a great time in Kona and now in Maui for a blissful week. Grateful to have time to truly rest, relax, and reflect. If you are facing any challenge...I pray that you will believe as I did (and still do)...This Too Shall Pass. Blessings to all..XO," Roberts wrote on Facebook.
The GMA host also opted for a sunny beach over the holidays. "My loved ones and I thank the beautiful people of Turks & Caicos for your hospitality. #SweetSerenity," she wrote a few days ago.
8. Family Support: The couple's families were already aware of the pair's romantic relationship, and completely support Roberts and Laign and their decision to share their relationship with the public. "We are very, very happy for them. Her dad and I and the whole family are very happy and totally supportive," Amber's mother told The Daily Mail.