Frozen cooled down Hunger Games: Catching Fire's dominance at the box office.
The heartwarming animated Disney film was the top choice among moviegoers this weekend and raked in $31.6 million during its second week in theaters.
Frozen is based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale, The Snow Queen, and features the voices of Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, Idina Menzel and Josh Gad. Princess Anna (Bell) joins forces with mountain man Kristoff (Groff) as they try to locate her sister, Elsa (Menzel). Elsa's icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. Gad is the very humorous and hapless snowman, Olaf.
Catching Fire was not far behind Frozen, earning $27 million and grossing $336.7 million domestically.
Thor: The Dark World and Delivery Man rounded out the top 5, making $4.7 million and $3.8 million, respectively.
Here's a complete rundown of the Wednesday-Sunday estimates, per Box Office Mojo:
1. Frozen: $31.6 million
2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: $27 million
3. Out of the Furnace: $5.3 million
4. Thor: The Dark World: $4.7 million
5. Delivery Man: $3.8 million
6. Homefront: $3.4 million
7. The Book Thief: $2.7 million
8. The Best Man Holiday: $2.67 million
9. Philomena: $2.3 million
10. Dallas Buyers Club: $1.5 million