Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • News/ 

    Kate Gosselin Talks Lawsuit Against Jon Gosselin: "It Has to Be Done for the Safety and Future of My Kids"

    Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin Peter Kramer/NBC, Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNews.com

    Kate Gosselin has spoken out about her lawsuit against ex-husband and former Jon & Kate Plus 8 costar Jon Gosselin. Well, to a point.

    "It's in the middle of litigation, so I cannot say a lot about it.," the mother-of-eight noted while appearing on Tuesday's Today. "I can say that when we started out investigating the source of what was happening, I made the decision back then to push this. It's a lot of Internet bullying. Actually, I've lost a lot of employment opportunities over the rumor mill circulating false stuff."

    Last month, Kate filed a complaint alleging that Jon stole a hard drive from her house and used the information contained in it to hack into her personal computer and cell phone in order to give information to an author who was writing a tell-all.

    DOCS: Read Kate Gosselin's complaint

    According to the lawsuit, Jon illegally gained access to Kate's bank accounts and other confidential information in order to give secrets to his friend, tabloid reporter Robert Hoffman, who wrote the 2012 book Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World.

    "The most unexpected and disappointing thing is who was at the center of it," Kate told Today's Savannah Guthrie.

    As for the suit against Jon, Kate said, "It has to be done for the safety and the future of my kids."

    (E! and NBC are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

    PHOTOS: Reality TV's mommies dearest

    RELATED VIDEOS:

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE

    Oh Baby!

    Christina Aguilera pulls a Demi Moore and poses nude for V magazine