Age ain't nothing but a number—especially if you're a professional athlete who keeps in shape after retirement.
Just ask retired hockey player Mike Modano, 43, who married 24-year-old pro golfer Allison Micheletti on Sunday, Sept. 1, in Dallas.
Mike made a name for himself in the NHL, but just who is his lovely wife? Here are five things you need to know about the new Mrs. Modano.
1. She Comes From a Hockey Family: Allison's dad, Joe Micheletti, is a former NHL player turned New York Rangers broadcaster. Joe retired from the sport in 1982, and his son-in-law began his NHL career four years later in 1998.
2. Golf Wasn't Always Her Favorite Sport: According to Allison's Golf Channel bio, she initially excelled at basketball and soccer. But when a torn ACL at age 16 derailed her dreams of pursuing those sports at the professional level, she switched to golf. She went on to play in college—first at Furman University, then at Arizona State University—and went pro in 2011.
3. She's a Reality Star: Not a Housewife, or anything like that, but Allison did play herself on the small screen on Big Break Atlantis. The Golf Channel show followed 12 women competing against one another in the Bahamas, where the Atlantis Hotel provided a scenic background. Allison had good game, but she was eliminated during the sixth episode.
4. She's Not the First Mrs. Mike Modano: From 2007 to 2012, Allison's man was married to singer Willa Ford. When the former spouses first announced their split in August 2012, they said in a statement they "remain friends and wish each other success and happiness."
5. She's a Dog Person: Everyone knows dog people are the best people! Allison and Mike have two precious pups, Sunny and Bear! She's also worked with DFW Rescue Me, a volunteer nonprofit organization in Dallas seeking to lower the number of animals euthanized in the area.