Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • News/ 

    Liam Payne's Friend Suffers Burns After Fire Breaks Out at One Direction Singer's Apartment

    Liam Payne, One Direction wowcelebritytv / Splash News

    This isn't the sort of hot stuff we usually mean when referring to One Direction.

    A friend of Liam Payne's suffered second-degree burns to his upper body when a fire broke out on the balcony of the singer's London flat on Monday night.

    A source tells E! News that Liam is doing "fine," but his mate remains hospitalized.

    The young man who ended up being rushed to the hospital was reportedly trying to refuel an outdoor heater on the terrace when the blaze started. Payne was in the kitchen at the time but quickly rushed out to help douse the flames and then rode with his pal in the ambulance.

    WATCH: Liam says Niall has the most twerking experience of the lot

    There's been no word from Liam, via Twitter or otherwise, about the incident.

    The 1D member, who was in New York the previous weekend attending the MTV Video Music Awards and the Big Apple premiere of One Direction: This Is Us, returned to London to celebrate his 20th birthday on Aug. 29.

    According to the Daily Mail, he partied with new girlfriend Sophia Smith at the Funky Buddha nightclub that night.

    —Reporting by Holly Passalaqua

    PHOTOS: Scenes from 1D: This Is Us

    RELATED VIDEOS:

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE

    Jared's Makeover

    Jimmy Fallon gives Jared Leto a surprise shave