Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for The Huffington Post
After nearly two years of dating, John Molner proposed to Katie Couric over the Labor Day weekend.
"Yes, it's true! So touched by all the kind Tweets & warm wishes-thank you!" the Katie host tweeted on Tuesday after the news broke that her financier beau had popped the question. "A great end to the summer."
But just who is John Molner? Here are five things you need to know about him.
1. He's Pretty Successful in His Own Right: Molner is an executive at the Chicago-based investment firm Brown Brothers Harriman and Co, where he is the head of Mergers & Acquisitions.
2. He Hails from the Windy City: While he currently resides in New York City, Molner is nevertheless a Chi-Town native.
3. He's Handsome and Smart: Not surprising, given No. 1, but it should be noted that the guy did graduate with honors from both Trinity College and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
4. He's Younger Than Couric: At 50, Molner is six years Couric's junior. Of course, prior to meeting Molner, Couric was romantically linked to another financier, Brooks Perlin, who was 17 years younger.
5. He Accompanies His Ladylove to Events: In addition to attending the Met Gala with Couric earlier this year, Molner has also joined her at New York Knicks games. One of the couple's most recent public appearances was at the U.S. Open.