Following yesterday's horrific news that a former student had shot and killed seven people at Oikos University, a small Christian college in Oakland, Calif., celebrities took to the Twitterverse to express their condolences to the victims and their families and offer their thoughts and prayers.
E! News has a quick roundup of some of the most notable tweets:
• "7 dead, 3 injured, suspect caught in college shooting," tweeted supermodel-turned-entrepreneur Kathy Ireland, linking to a San Francisco chronicle article about the tragedy. "Heartbreak. Pls Pray #NOW."
• "Sending out my prayers for those involved in the classroom shooting at OIKOS University in Oakland, CA. All we need is LOVE," wrote Khloé Kardashian Odom.
• "Sad for the people killed today in Oakland, CA. I will never understand why people go on these rampages. It's horrific," added country singer Chely Wright.
• "Praying for Oakland," tweeted MC Hammer.
• "To the students and families of those affected by the Oikos Christian University Shooting, you are in my prayers tonight. Sick, sick world," opined Travel Channel personality Adam Richman.