Love in Hollywood can cost a pretty penny.
Mel Gibson might have had the priciest divorce settlement in Hollywood to date, doling out half of his reported $850 million fortune to ex-wife Robyn, but he certainly isn't the only star who had to pay some major bucks after calling it quits with a spouse.
Check out these other Tinseltown celebs who paid a hefty price for heading to splitsville.
1. Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving: The end of Steven Spielberg's four-year marriage to his first wife, Amy Irving, cost him half of his fortune at the time. But, the shocker in this divorce settlement was that Spielberg reportedly had a prenup! According to ABC News, when the couple divorced in 1989, Irving was able to contest the prenup, and left the marriage with $100 million (adjusted for inflation the payout was worth a reported $148 million). The couple had one son together, Max.
2. Madonna and Guy Ritchie: While it's usually the husband paying the wife in a Hollywood divorce settlement, Madonna broke that pattern when she and hubby Guy Ritchie split in 2008 after seven years of marriage. Because the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, that meant Ritchie had the chance to pocket a substantial amount of the Material Girl's estimated $500 million-plus fortune…and he did. According to Forbes, the superstar singer paid her ex between $76 million and $92 million in their divorce settlement (the couple later issued a statement refuting that amount, but those figures had already come from the pop icon's own spokesman).
3. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison: After 18 years of marriage and two kids, Harrison Ford and wife Melissa Mathison called it quits in August 2001. When the ex-couple's union was officially dissolved in 2004, Mathison nabbed a reported $118 million of Harrison's cash, which included a share of royalties from movies Ford made during their marriage. In this sitch, the Cowboys & Aliens star, didn't have a prenup.
4. Kevin Costner and Cindy Costner: Sixteen years of marriage and no prenup allowed Kevin Costner's onetime college sweetheart, Cindy Silva, to leave their marital bond with a reported $80 million, according to Forbes. The ex-couple, who split in 1994, has three kids together.
5. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills: It was all wedded bliss in June 2002 when Paul McCartney and Heather Mills said their I Do's. But the couple called in quits in 2006, citing "constant intrusion into [their] private lives" as the reason for the break-up, according to the BBC. Following a slew of courtroom battles, Mills was granted nearly $48.7 million of the Former Beatle's fortune when their divorce was finalized in 2008 ($33 million plus assets she held worth $15.6 million), according to Fox News. In addition to that, the court ruled that McCartney would provide $70,000 a year for the ex-couple's daughter Beatrice's needs, as well as payments to cover her nanny and school fees (she was four years old at the time).