The Bat is back!
The six-minute prologue for director Christopher Nolan's final installment in the Dark Knight saga has already made its way to theaters. But in case you need even more of Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and all the bat-tastic action on the big screen, a new trailer has made its way online to give us another glimpse into the dark world of Gotham.
So what else did we learn about the latest struggle for our superhero? We're taking a look at the best moments.
1. Commissioner Gordon Is Out! He's been Batman's right-hand guy within the Gotham Police Department ever since Bruce Wayne decided to give this crime-fighting thing a try. But now Gordon (Gary Oldman) is being brushed aside. So what's the reason? With Gotham experiencing a moment of peace from outlaw activity, this war hero is getting squeezed out of Gotham's finest in a political power play.
2. Catwoman Is Part of the 99 Percent: In a truly unsettling moment, Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), aka Catwoman, corners Wayne during a ball and whispers this creepy omen of how those at the top are about to have their fortunes reversed: "You think this can last? There's a storm coming...When it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."
3. The Gotham Rogues Are Gonna Need a New Stadium: Fans who were ready for some football were instead witnesses to a horrifying attack on the city's team at the hands of new villain Bane. During one spectacular play that ultimately resulted in a TD for the team, Bane hits a switch and just like that the entire field collapses, taking everyone but the star receiver with it.
4. The Batwing Looks Awesome! Up until now all we'd seen of Batman's coolest mode of transportation was some on-the-set video that showed a behind-the-scenes glimpse of how it all works during filming, i.e. it rides around on a giant truck. Well, now that truck has been erased thanks to the talents of tireless CG artists and the wing has come to life! Can't think of a better way to cruise the Gotham streets.
5. Bane (Finally!) Sounds Like a Badass! During the first prologue, there were complaints that while Bane looked cool, it was really hard to understand him. The guy does speak with a huge mask over his face, after all. But now, for this first trailer it looks like the vocal kinks have been worked out, and what he has to say is downright chilling. Standing over a wounded Bruce Wayne, he casually quips, "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."