Catwoman controversy! Bane sightings! Summer flurries in Pittsburgh!
If you're not keeping track of the latest from the set of The Dark Knight Rises, then you're probably losing track.
Good thing we rounded up the biggest, battiest Batman headlines for you:
• Anne Hathaway Bares Her Claws—and Her Bite! The first photo of the catty Selina Kyle was released. Carping ensued. ("This outfit falls incredibly flat," MTV.com judged. "It's unflattering, unsexy and most definitely underwhelming.") Like a proper feline, Hathaway demurely fought back. ("If you didn't like the photo...you only see about a tenth of what that suit can do," she purred to MTV.com. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste.")
• Another Catwoman Catastrophe! A costume-clad, stunt double for Hathaway veered off track in a shot down the steps of Carnegie Mellon University. The performer was unhurt; the same couldn't be said for the IMAX camera that she slammed into.
• Christian Bale and Tom Hardy Come to Blows! For the express purposes of a fight scene, natch, between Batman and nemesis Bane.
• Bane Does Hannibal Lecter! In the comics, the Gotham City villain looks like a Mexican wrestler. But on filmmaker Christopher Nolan's watch, new, on-the-set photos revealed, the psycho will look like Anthony Hopkins on his creepiest day.
• Weather Advisory: Snow! Pittsburgh got hit with an unseasonal August blast of white stuff as Nolan's crew made things (look) wintry. Out-of-towners were impressed; locals not-so much. "Never has so little snow drawn so much attention," the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette observed.
• Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reports for Duty! The same fan with the same Tumbler-terrific YouTube account spied the actor, cast as Gotham City cop John Blake, filming a scene (or, a bit, really) on the set's frozen tundra.
• Are You Ready for Some Football? Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and teammates took snaps for a shoot at Heinz Field, the players' NFL home, which was converted to the site of a contest between the Gotham Rogues and Rapid City Monuments.
With all this activity it pains us to think that the Dark Knight won't be swooping back into theaters until July 20! So far! Can you contain your excitement?