Joss Stone is not alone. Unfortunately.
Here are other stars who, like the British soul singer, were the subject of media reports about alleged murder plots.
1. 'N Sync: At the height of the boy-band era, what girl-crazed young man wasn't at least a tad jealous of the female adoration directed at the singers of "Bye Bye Bye"? But one Tennessee teen allegedly took things too far when, per 2000 reports, he hatched a "pretty detailed plan" to attack Justin Timberlake's crew at a concert in Atlanta. Police said the boy was miffed that "the group gets all the good girls."
2. Mick Jagger: As if Altamont wasn't proof enough that the Rolling Stones and the Hells Angels don't mix… A few years ago, a former FBI agent revealed that in 1969 members of the biker gang planned to invade the singer's Long Island home, and kill its famed resident. The reputed plot got called off on account of rain.
3. Sandra Bullock: As rough as the actress' 2010 was at times, it could've been much, much worse. Shortly after Bullock's marriage imploded to Jesse James, TMZ reported, the FBI received a call from a man who claimed he had been ordered to off Bullock. Ultimately, the feds ruled the threat was "not credible."
4. Jon Cryer: Sometimes, Charlie Sheen is not the problem. Last year, the Two and a Half Men set went on high alert after allegedly getting a death threat against Cryer. Reportedly, the FBI even shut down the set for a day while it was investigating.
5. Hugh Hefner and Frank Sinatra: In 1988, Los Angeles authorities announced that five years earlier Hustler publisher Larry Flynt had allegedly written a $1 million check to an ex-security guard for the killings of the Playboy icon and the show-biz legend. Hef said he figured the whole thing was a "sick joke," and he was right. Flynt's attorney said the check was "just a joke and not part of any such bizarre plot."