More power to Stephanie Seymour and son Peter Brant II, who says their paparazzi-captured seaside smooch was "taken completely out of context."
Who are we to know—or judge? Besides, it's not like the couple's, er, the duo's, er, their public display of affection is the first to, rightly or wrongly, give star-watchers the heebie-jeebies:
1. Angelina Jolie and Her Brother Share a Special Moment: Geez, was it already more than a decade ago that Jolie won her Girl, Interrupted Oscar, and capped the night with a celebrated (and debated) smooch with James Haven? Shouldn't we be over this by now?
2. Al Gore Sucks Major Face With Tipper Gore at the 2000 Democratic Convention: No charges were filed.
3. Tom Cruise Jumps on Oprah's Couch: Looking back, the declaring of one's love for another should never be grounds for derision. (This one's still funny, though.)
4. Michael Jackson Shows Off His Bride at the 1994 MTV Video Music Awards: Lisa Marie Presley says her brief marriage to the King of Pop was as real as her discomfort at being taken hostage kissed on live TV. "He knew I didn't love that," Presley told Oprah last year.
5. Liza Minnelli and David Gest Seal Their 2002 Wedding With a Kiss CPR: Like Presley, Minnelli is now on our side. "Did you see my face?," she vented on The Joy Behar Show last year. "I look like, just what you said, 'What the hell?!"