Mark Wahlberg is a Francophile. And, apparently, a Fey-ophile. Not to mention a Carell-ophile.
According to Variety, Gossip Girl Leighton Meester, rapper Common, Oscar nominee Taraji P. Henson, SNL utility player Kristen Wiig and Jimmi Simpson (aka David Letterman's erstwhile intern Lyle and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia scene stealer) round out the funnybone-tickling cast.
The all-star flick centers on a married couple, played by the Must-See TV stars, whose dinner-and-a-movie date night goes horribly—and dare we say, comedically—awry when they become the victims of mistaken identity.
Wahlberg will play a security guard who gets flirty with Fey; Franco takes on the role of dim-witted criminal; Meester takes over babysitting duty for the on-the-town couple; Henson dons a badge as a well-meaning cop; Common and Simpson play detectives; and Wiig plays BFF to her former SNL costar Fey in the Shawn Avery-directed flick.
Shooting kicks off in Los Angeles next week.
In other notable casting news:
• William Hurt is a Maid man. Per the Hollywood Reporter, the thesp has joined Ridley Scott's long-developing Robin Hood remake, playing William Marshall, the Earl of Pembroke, historically one of the most powerful men and best jousters in Europe at the time. He joins Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett in the flick, currently filming in the U.K.
•Geri Halliwell's fame is going to her Head. The erstwhile Ginger Spice will guest star as a warped version of herself striving to reinvent her career as a country western artist on Ali Wentworth's unscripted Starz comedy Head Case. The episode airs April 17.
•New Grammy winner Adele might be making a play for an Emmy soon. The British belter will play herself on an upcoming episode of Ugly Betty, to air during May sweeps. The singer will also perform on the show, while taking place in a photo shoot produced by Betty herself.
• London Boulevard is expanding. According to Variety, Brit trio Anna Friel, Ray Winstone and David Thewlis have joined Keira Knightley and Colin Farrell in the Sunset Boulevard reimagining, filming this summer in London. The story this time around centers on a paroled criminal who gets involved with a reclusive young actress.
• Lake Bell is diving into How to Make It In America. The actress has joined the forthcoming HBO comedy series as a regular. Per the Hollywood Reporter, the series will follow two twentysomething New Yorkers determined to achieve the American dream.
• McG is springing ahead to his next project, attaching himself as director and producer of a big-screen version of the Tony-winning Broadway smash Spring Awakening, per the Hollywood Reporter. The coming-of age-rock musical, set in 19th-century Germany, deals with a group of teens as they discover their sexuality.
• Bravo's latest hot property, Work Out star Jackie Warner, is expanding her brand, getting a second series on the cable network. Per the Hollywood Reporter, Jackie's Gym Takeover will follow in the same vein as network mate Tabatha's Salon Makeover, and will see Warner use her expertise to get out-of-shape gyms back on track.