While Oprah Winfrey and Tyra Banks are doing their best today to strip away the secrecy that so often surrounds Chris Brown-type situations, the singer himself is working to keep his state of affairs as private as possible.
Attorneys in his pending double-felony case have scheduled a closed-door conference with the judge later this month, though the reason behind the private meeting has not been disclosed.
Brown, 19, will not be present at the March 23 meeting, thanks to his agreement earlier this month to have attorney Mark Geragos stand in the entertainer's behalf for any procedural hearings.
According to court officials, it was Brown's team that called the new hearing in advance of his April 6 arraignment on charges of assault likely to produce great bodily injury and making criminal threats resulting from his Feb. 8 altercation with Rihanna.
Meanwhile, Brown's comanager has denied today's New York Post report that the Nickelodeon-spurning artist was looking to shake up his legal, management and public relations teams in the wake of his rapid fall from grace.
"Reports that Chris is looking to replace his team, including Mark Geragos, [manager and alleged "other woman"] Tina Davis and [publicist] Mike Sitrick, are false," comanager Joyce Hawkins said.
"There are only two people who could make a change at that level on Chris' behalf: His business attorney Kenny Meiselas and me—and neither of us were the source of this information."
Furthermore, Hawkins called out the newspaper for perpetuating the rumor, saying the Post was warned against running with bogus information.
"[We] told the media outlet that broke this item that the information they had was false.
"So there is no room for misunderstanding, let me state unequivocally, that no change is planned or being made with respect to Mark Geragos, Tina Davis or Mike Sitrick. We are very pleased with the work they are doing."