Guess/LOVE/Jenna Leigh Lingerie
Guess/LOVE/Jenna Leigh Lingerie
While two of our favorite faces won't be gracing the Victoria's Secret catwalk this year—namely, Karlie Kloss and Doutzen Kroes—the loss of two angels opens up doors for hopeful models to gain their wings.
Earlier this week, multiple media outlets began speculating that Elsa Hosk is the latest leggy beauty to be named a Victoria's Secret angel after her agency's website updated her profile with the prestigious title.
While the accolade has since been removed from Hosk's IMG profile and Victoria's Secret has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, the speculation has us already thinking about the 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show—and who we would love to see rock the runway.
Calling, Gigi Hadid! Here are 11 models who need their wings:
1. Gigi Hadid: Does this pick really need any explanation? The 20-year-old stunner has become one of the "It" models as of late, starring in popular fashion campaigns such as Maybelline and Guess. With her beachy blond locks, killer bod and super-cool style, the daughter of Yolanda Hadid is the epitome of a Victoria's Secret Angel, and bonus—she's already BFFs with a few of the brands big stars, even referring to angel Lily Aldridge as her big sis. She also hosted the Victoria's Secret Pink Spring Break event in March with boyfriend Cody Simpson, and she even spent her recent 20th birthday filming a bikini photoshoot. Yep, it's safe to say this beauty is meant to bare her bod.
2. Kendall Jenner: While many were skeptical of the Keeping Up With the Kardashian star's rise to supermodel status, the 19-year-old beauty has proven that she can hold her own with the best in biz. From Chanel to Balenciaga to Balmain to Dolce & Gabbana, Jenner has stolen the spotlight at a number of high-profile catwalks and she's showed no signs of slowing down. "It's always been kind of a dream of mine," Kendall previously told E! News of modeling for Victoria's Secret. "It's something I'd love to do."
3. Martha Hunt: While Hunt appeared in both the 2014 and the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, the 25-year-old supermodel has yet to reach Angel status. Still, Hunt is a popular pick considering she starred in the recent Victoria's Secret Swim special and she's been seen hanging with Taylor Swift and other VS models via the singer's Instagram (yet another sign you've made it big).
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images for Samsung
4. Lily Donaldson: You may recognize her from the runway or from Kendall and Gigi's Instagrams as the 28-year-old British model is a favorite member of the model clan. She appeared in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, so what better time than the present to land a sexy promotion? After all, there's no denying she's got the look.
5. Chrissy Teigen: While it may be hard to believe that John Legend's wife has never graced the Victoria's Secret catwalk, we think she would be the perfect fit for 2015. Not only is she gorgeous (and looks totally bangin' in barely any clothing) but she also appeared on the 50th anniversary issue of Sports Illustrated. An added bonus? She loves tweeting and Instagramming, so we could only imagine the backstage scoop she would share!
Brendon Thorne/Getty Images
6. Jessica Hart: Ms. Hart was noticeably absent from the catwalk last year (and many speculated it was because of her controversial comments re:Taylor Swift), but regardless of the reason, we think it's time to get this 29-year-old Aussie back on the runway. Agree?
7. Robyn Lawley: As the first plus-size model to grace the pages of Sports Illustrated, we think Victoria's Secret should follow suit and start featuring women of various shapes and sizes. "When I first started I really had an immense hate for my body," the size-16 beauty previously said. "I held it really accountable for holding me back. And I just felt disappointed, you know, I was like ‘Why didn't I get a skinny body?' [This is] such a feat and I'm really happy and I'm so thrilled with Sports Illustrated for using me." Ya hear that, Victoria's Secret?
8. Kate Upton: While the gorgeous blonde and the lingerie brand haven't always been the best of buds, the model did appear in the 2013 Victoria's Secret catalogue. However, her appearance in the mag came after she was previously dissed by casting director Sophia Neophitou who said Victoria's Secret would "never use her [Kate]." Although Kate, who has covered both Vogue and Sports Illustrated, later said the comments were "introduction to being in the spotlight," we think the VS runway would be the perfect opportunity for the beauty to prove whose boss. And is it just us, or does her body remind you a bit of the curvier Victoria's Secret days (remember Tyra Banks)? Let's get her in that fantasy bra, folks!
9. Jourdan Dunn: As the current face of the Burberry 2015 spring-summer campaign alongside Naomi Campbell the 24-year-old model is certainly no stranger to big time gigs. She has walked in the Victoria's Secret fashion show over the course of three consecutive years, 2012, 2013 and 2014, and, as the first solo black model to cover Vogue U.K. in 12 years (she appeared on the January cover), Dunn seems like the perfect choice to add a little more diversity to the Angel line-up.
10. Izabel Goulart: She's practically Alessandra Ambrosio 2.0, is a big fan of working out (according to her Instagram) and her insane abs will make you shed tears of jealousy. Seriously, is this real?! Excuse us, while we do a few sit-ups at our desk.
11. Taylor Swift: The singer was officially named an "honorary angel" last year and she performed at the fashion show in both 2013 and 2014. Plus, without Karlie Kloss in the mix, we need T.Swift to step up her game and hold down the runway (and we know she looks damn good in lingerie).