Happy birthday, Ryan Reynolds!
The actor and joke-cracking husband and father of two is celebrating the big 4-0 today and, as his Twitter followers know, the Deadpool star's deadpan tweets are just as endearing as the work he's done on the big screen.
From giving advice to fans asking for dating tips to teasing Olivia Wilde about her parenting methods, Ryan has never shied away from tweeting his 2 cents.
So in honor of his milestone birthday, here's a sampling of his sagest Twitter wisdom from the past year for your reading pleasure:
After this morning's diaper, my daughter finally earned the teardrop tattoo on her face.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) June 14, 2016
15. She may be little, but she packs a wallop. Ryan often tweets about his adventures with his now almost 2-year-old daughter James, often resulting in some eye-opening anecdotes.
On our 6am walk, my daughter asked where the moon goes each morning. I let her know it's in heaven, visiting daddy's freedom.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) October 16, 2016
14. Such a doting dad...
This morning, my daughter said, "quiche" which means she's smart, hungry and an asshole.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 21, 2016
13. We can't wait to see what James has to say when she's old enough to read these.
My daughter love the @MileyCyrus song, "We Can't Stop" because she thinks it's about cutting the brake lines on my car.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 17, 2016
12. Though she may already be exacting her revenge...
Just want to wish Billy Ray Cyrus the most special, magical birthday ever. I love you with all my heart. Also, Happy Birthday to my wife.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 25, 2016
11. Now we know who really achy-breaks his heart.
V-Day is soon! Nothing says romance like an anonymous note with the words, "You're Next" written all creepy and child-like. #helpful— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) January 15, 2016
10. As wife Blake Lively knows by now, he's also quite the romantic.
You've come to the right place, Dirk. Celebrities are the gold standard for relationship advice. https://t.co/Lxx5ju8rDw— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) October 12, 2016
9. Unless your name is Dirk.
8. In addition to doling out the dating advice, he's also willing to dig deep to help a fan in need.
The pen is mightier than the sword. Also, parking a car in someone's living room sends a pretty damn clear message too.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) March 6, 2016
7. Ryan Reynolds is actually free to park in our living room anytime.
Tinder isn't a babysitting app. Apologies to Crystal and Janine for the misunderstanding.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 19, 2016
6. We'll teach him how to use apps if he happens to stop by.
5. At least Olivia Wilde knows she's not alone, presuming she appreciates sarcasm.
Damn it's hard letting your infant daughter go somewhere alone for the first time. I was a total mess dropping her off at Burning Man.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) September 7, 2016
4. You laugh now, Dad, but wait till you're dropping her off at college.
It's 2016. I'm not going to start drinking regular milk just because some asshat has a problem with public breastfeeding at the beach.— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) August 28, 2016
3. Meanwhile, he's all for female empowerment.
Inside my daughter's diaper this morning, I found a half-digested wolf. Try me. https://t.co/6wuZLsl7Nu— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) September 3, 2016
2. And he's been through some s--t. Literally.
Many years ago, my father forgot to put on his thinking-condom. https://t.co/LDLajmOQgE— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) September 22, 2016
1. Better yet, he knows he's a little off and he's not afraid to let fans know why.
So in conclusion, happy birthday to the sassiest man on Twitter. Ryan, we look forward to more life lessons, especially now that you're another year wiser.