• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

Nancy O'Dell weighed in once again on the leaked Donald Trump and Billy Bush tape earlier this afternoon.

The Entertainment Tonight co-host told viewers the following heartfelt message:

"I feel it's very important that I address you all directly. As a journalist for 26 years now, it is my job to bring you the news about others, rather than turning the focus on myself. But by now, I'm sure that most of you have heard the audio tape, which became national news and part of the presidential race."

O'Dell continued, "My name was mentioned and, unfortunately, the release of it has thrown me into the middle of the political arena of which I didn't ask to be a part of. I released a statement on Saturday and I truly mean what I said. There is no room for objectification of women, or anybody for that matter, not even in the ‘locker room.'"

Two days ago, O'Dell shared similar sentiments in a formally released statement explaining that "as a mom I feel I must speak out with the hope that as a society we will always strive to be better."

She also shared that "the conversation needs to change because no female, no person, should be the subject of such crass comments, whether or not the cameras are rolling."

During last night's second presidential debate, Trump was asked to address the controversial, lewd conversation that took place 11 years ago while filming for Access Hollywood.

The Republican presidential candidate told the millions tuning in that he was "not proud" of the conversation that took place.

"I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people. Certainly I'm not proud of it. But this is locker room talk," he explained. "I have great respect for women. Nobody has more respect for women than I do."