by Francesca Bacardi | Mon., Aug. 22, 2016 7:00 AM
Need more space? No problem! Celebrities across the world are often purchasing homes that are probably well beyond the size they actually need, but it doesn't matter because they live luxurious lives! Whether they're shelling out for pads in Los Angeles or purchasing vacation homes in beach areas such as the Hamptons in New York, stars make sure they're surrounded by spacious rooms and luscious landscapes.
While some celebrity homes might be more noteworthy than others—Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion immediately comes to mind—other mansions are just that—nameless houses with the ultimate amenities. But not all houses are the same, of course! Some celebrities have paid more than others, so here is a ranking of some of the most expensive celebrity homes:
1. Hefner's iconic pad actually happens to be for sale! If you have $100 million readily available, the Playboy Mansion could be yours. The castle-like estate features a catering kitchen, wine cellar, tennis court and a four-bedroom guest house. Yes, the guest house is in addition to the 29 rooms already available. Prepare to never want to leave this iconic estate.
Carrillo/CelebrityHomePhotos.com, AP Images
2. Oprah Winfrey's Montecito, Calif., is worth about $90 million and has everything you could ever imagine. With six bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, 10 fireplaces and state-of-the-art theater (among so many more amenities), Oprah's house blows many other estates out of the
water house's man-made lake that's fully stocked with fish.
AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau;Getty Images
3. Who needs a busy city when you can own an entire estate in the French countryside? Brad Pittand wife Angelina Jolie shelled out $60 million for their beloved Chateau Miraval, which includes its own moat. The couple's estate also features a spa, gym facilities, indoor and outdoor pools, a professional home theater, a state-of-the-art video game room, a dirt bike course and two helicopter pads. Not too shabby!
CelebrityHomePhotos.com; Getty Images
4. Tiger Woods picked up his Jupiter Island, Fla. estate following his highly public divorce from Elin Nordegren. The pro golfer shelled out about $60 million for his island mansion, which includes a running track and a four-hole golf course (of course).
Carrillo/CelebrityHomePhotos.com; Getty Images
5. Ryan Seacrest's Los Angeles home cost him about $49 million. The producer and TV host extraordinaire actually purchased the home from another celebrity who will appear on this list—Ellen DeGeneres. Seacrest bought the home from the daytime talk show host in 2012.
Celebrity Home Photos; Getty Images
6. After Ellen sold her home to Seacrest, she and Portia De Rossi purchased another Los Angeles home for about $40 million. The estate features a tennis court and has become one of the couple's many homes.
7. Hop on a plane and head out to Illinois to check out Michael Jordan's iconic home. Although the athlete was best known for his basketball career, Jordan made sure to purchase a home with a golf course. The estate cost him about $29 million.