Erica Parise/Warner Bros. Television
by Bruna Nessif | Wed., Sep. 16, 2015 5:03 PM
Erica Parise/Warner Bros. Television
"Through the summer, I went on my little Eat Pray Love journey and it was a time for me to come to terms with my own truth and my honesty and I am not engaged anymore, and we're in a good place," she confessed.
Back in February, we learned that her longtime love Lenny Santiago popped the question, however, their time together ended before they reached the aisle.
And you know what? We've seen it happen in Hollywood before. Here are five other celeb couples who called it quits after getting engaged...
1. Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards: These two young former lovebirds broke the news that they'd called it quits after being engaged for two years.
The shocking report of their breakup came less than one week after Malik revealed that he had signed with RCA Records following his decision back in March to part ways with the popular boy band One Direction.
2. Big Sean & Naya Rivera: The rapper and his Glee girl seemed to be on cloud nine together, and then surprised everyone when they opted to split instead.
"After careful thought and much consideration, Sean has made the difficult decision to call the wedding off," a rep for Big Sean said in a statement obtained by E! News at the time. "The recent rumors and accusations reported by so-called or fake sources are simply untrue.
"Sean wishes Naya nothing but the best and it is still his hope that they can continue to work through their issues privately. We will not be commenting again on this matter."
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for EJAF
3. Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus: The wedding questions were put to rest when the singer and actor revealed they called off their engagement after four years together. Upon the breaking news, sources said that the split was "Miley's decision, after coming to grips with Liam being what she believed was less than faithful to her."
4. Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez: These A-listers were one of the first couples to emerge with a hybrid name, but even Bennifer didn't make it down the aisle. One 6.1-carat engagement ring and postponed wedding later, J.Lo and Affleck decided to go their separate ways.
Courtesy: Willie Davis for Lexus
5. Evan Peters & Emma Roberts: The American Horror Story co-stars broke up after being engaged for two years. An insider told Just Jared at the time, "Their three years together just ran its course. They have so many great memories together but couldn't make it work in the end. The breakup was amicable—there was no drama whatsoever. Emma and Evan are even still friends!"
That seemed to be true, because the pair were spotted out and about together two months after revealing the sad news. Maybe there's hope yet?!
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?