Liam Payne, One Direction

wowcelebritytv / Splash News

This isn't the sort of hot stuff we usually mean when referring to One Direction.

A friend of Liam Payne's suffered second-degree burns to his upper body when a fire broke out on the balcony of the singer's London flat on Monday night.

A source tells E! News that Liam is doing "fine," but his mate remains hospitalized.

The young man who ended up being rushed to the hospital was reportedly trying to refuel an outdoor heater on the terrace when the blaze started. Payne was in the kitchen at the time but quickly rushed out to help douse the flames and then rode with his pal in the ambulance.

There's been no word from Liam, via Twitter or otherwise, about the incident.

The 1D member, who was in New York the previous weekend attending the MTV Video Music Awards and the Big Apple premiere of One Direction: This Is Us, returned to London to celebrate his 20th birthday on Aug. 29.

According to the Daily Mail, he partied with new girlfriend Sophia Smith at the Funky Buddha nightclub that night.

—Reporting by Holly Passalaqua

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.