by Brandi Fowler | Mon., Jan. 14, 2013 5:00 AM
Ah, the glitz, the glamour, the parties...awards season is in full swing!
Before hitting the town Sunday night, stars like Ben Affleck and Lena Dunham won big at the Golden Globes, taking home awards for Best Director and Best Motion Picture, Drama for Argo and Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy and Best TV Series, Comedy, respectively.
But that wasn't all that was brewing this weekend in Tinseltown.
AP Photo/Isaac Brekken
• Big Winners: Argo and Girls topped the night, and you can find out all the winners here. Plus, find out the best and worst moments from the show, five things you didn't see on TV, how Bill Clinton got there and get a taste of what Lindsay Lohan thought of last night's Golden Globes.
• Backstage Report: Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway talk about their Les Misérables wins, Quentin Tarantino drops the N-word, Dunham explains thanking Chad Lowe, Affleck doesn't care about snubbed by the Oscars anymore, Jodie Foster explains her speech and Adele is shooting for an EGOT.
• Crowning Glory: Miss New York, Mallory Hytes Hagan, was crowned Miss America 2013 Saturday evening in Las Vegas, beating out Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers and Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton.
AP Photo/Kansas University, Jeff Jacobsen
• Splitsville: After confirming that she and Jason Trawick have called off their engagement, a source told E! News Britney Spears returned the $90,000 engagement ring he gave her.
• Making It Official: Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! The Saturday Night Live star reportedly popped the question to the stunning actress shortly after the holidays.
The White House; LucasFilm
• TV News: Dexter's season eight is making a move to the summer, with its premiere set for June 2 at 9 p.m. on Showtime.
• Petition Slap Down: The White House issued a statement saying it would not be building a Star Wars style Death Star, after more than 34,000 people signed a petition urging the Administration to focus its defense resources on building the planet-destroying space station.