25. When reshoots on Wonder Woman got under way in November 2016, Gal was five months pregnant with second child Maya. To hide her conspicuous baby bump, a triangle was cut from the front of her suit and replaced with a bright green cloth that would allow the bump to be digitally replaced in post-production. "On close-up I looked very much like Wonder Woman," she told Entertainment Weekly in 2017. "On wide shots I looked very funny, like Wonder Woman pregnant with Kermit the Frog."
26. While Wonder Woman was received nearly rapturously upon release, not everyone was a fan. The film was protested in Lebanon, which has tensions with Israel, over Gal's military service and support of the IDF. The film was similarly banned in Algeria, Tunisia, and Qatar.
27. Though a prominent face of the DC Cinematic Universe, there was a possibility that Gal could've been scooped up by Marvel first. In a 2013 interview with Reshet.tv, she mentioned she was up for a role "where I will have to shave my head and they will color me in blue paint." Weeks later, news broke that Karen Gillan had been cast as the bald and blue Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy.
28. Not only does Gal love to perform her own stunts, but she considered herself a massive motorcycle enthusiast for much of her life. "I enjoy doing my own stunts. I love being active and physical," she told Elle Australia in 2015. "I used to dance which was great training but I also loved motorcycles but I thought it best to give them up when I became a mother."
29. Speaking of dance, there was a time in her life where she thought that might be her path. "I danced for 12 years—ballet, hip-hop and jazz—I thought I might be a choreographer," she told the Sydney Morning Herald. "I never planned on being an actress. Life just happened that way."
30. In October 2019, she took her career into her own hands and formed the production company Pilot Wave alongside her husband. "As producers, we want to help bring stories that have inspired us to life," the couple said in a statement. "Pilot Wave will create content that promotes the perspectives and experiences of unique people and produce impactful stories aimed at igniting the imagination."
31. As one of their first announced projects, Gal will star as the iconic actress and inventor Hedy Lamarr in a forthcoming Apple TV+ limited series.
32. In 2020, Gal was announced as the new face of SmartWater, taking over the brand's ad campaigns from Jennifer Aniston who'd held the gig since 2008.
33. In 2016, Gal appeared at the United Nations alongside OG Wonder Woman actress Lynda Carter, DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson and Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins on the 75th anniversary of the character's first appearance to mark the character's designation as "Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls." The decision was met with protests and, as such, the designation was stripped two months later.
34. She'd never eaten a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in her entire life until an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in 2017. Yes, really.
35. If you're still unclear, it's pronounced "gah-dot."