Today marks a huge victory for Brad Pitt in the fight for his six children with Angelina Jolie.
A spokesperson for Angelina released the following statement:
"The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal."
A source, however, tells E! News that "there were no childcare professionals involved with last week's temporary voluntary agreement."
The investigation, which ended earlier today, was initially underway due to an incident involving the Allied actor and his eldest son Maddox on a private airplane back on September 14 of this year.
The DCFS found that Angelina's ex did not commit any child abuse during the incident.
At the time of her filing for divorce, the Academy Award winner had asked for sole physical custody of the former couple's six children.
However, last week, Brad filed for joint custody despite the ongoing investigation.
On Monday, a spokesperson for Angelina released the following lengthy statement regarding the status of the couple's kids during their divorce proceedings:
"The six children will stay in their mother's custody, and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father. This has been determined by childcare professionals to be in the children's best interest."
The statement continued, "We are not in a position to discuss the details. We hope now that it is clear that the events which led to the dissolution filing involved minor children and their well being, there will be understanding of the sensitivity of the family situation. We believe that all sides are committed to healing the family and ask for your consideration during this difficult time."
Meanwhile, a separate source explains to us that the couple didn't "settle" on anything regarding their children and that there is no change in the status of their previous voluntary agreement.
Days after the filing, Brad broke his silence on the personal family matter with the following statement:
"I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the wellbeing of our kids. I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."
—Additional reporting by Holly Passalaqua