Pippa Middleton

FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES

A 35-year-old man suspected of hacking Pippa Middleton's iCloud account was free on bail Sunday, police confirmed to NBC News.

The suspect, whose identity has not been released, reportedly contacted writers at the The Sun last week offering them access to 3,000 allegedly stolen photos for a minimum of 50,000 pounds ($65,000). The purported hacker, who reportedly used the pseudonym "Crafty Cockney" on an encrypted messaging service, claimed to have photos of Pippa and her fiancé, James Matthews as well as images of her sister-in-law Kate Middletonwith Princess Charlotte and Prince George.

London's Metropolitan Police arrested the unidentified suspect Saturday in Northamptonshire, in central England, on suspicion of a Computer Misuse Act offense, police said in a statement obtained by NBC News. Police said the hacking suspect was released Sunday on bail Sunday and has been ordered to return to a London police station in late-November.

Pippa is unfortunately not the first in the family to fall victim to a hack. Duchess Kate's phone was hacked 155 times, starting on Christmas in 2005, according to testimony from former News of the World royals editor Clive Goodman. The journalist, who spent time in jail in 2007 for hacking voicemail accounts of royal aides, told the court Prince William's phone was accessed 35 times and Prince Harry was hacked nine times.

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.