Whoever said every break up has to be final may want to reconsider that argument.
In case you missed the big news, Pippa Middleton and James Matthews are engaged meaning another royal extravaganza could soon be in our future.
And while the couple deserves plenty of congratulations, we can't help but recall these two broke things off before reuniting and becoming engaged. In fact, Kate Middleton and Prince William experienced the same thing before saying "I Do" and welcoming two kids.
The recent news got us thinking of the many Hollywood couples who have dated, split and then dated again with romantic results—well, at least for now.
Take a look at nine couples who proved a famous split doesn't have to be the end of the romantic road.
1. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: Back in January 2016, the exes reunited at the Falls Music Festival in Byron Bay where they were spotted getting affectionate backstage. After getting engaged later in the month, all signs started to point to a couple ready to spend the rest of their lives together. "Liam never stopped loving Miley. Liam and Miley's timing was just off the first time they were engaged, many things played into them calling it off," our insider shared. "They both needed to grow up and figure themselves out more."
2. Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik: Sure, their breakup wasn't exactly a long one. But after the pair agreed to go their separate ways, they couldn't help but reconnect just a couple of weeks later. "[They] spoke about some issues they had and decided they want to work it out with each other," a source exclusively told E! News. "Gigi loves Zayn so much and wanted to make things work."
3. Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart: While the couple called it quits in June 2014, many suspected that these two weren't done for good. It also didn't help that the pair was spotted together on multiple occasions. "We got a lot of ties. We're very close," Casper admitted to E! News. "We're friends. We're very good friends." Less than a year later, E! News exclusively confirmed that they were back on and stronger than ever.
4. Kylie Jenner and Tyga: After a month-long split, the pair was suddenly back on. But despite the short amount of time apart, it appears to be a good thing for the couple who needed to experience some time away from each other. "They needed a reset," a source shared with E! News. "Ky is happy. She feels like she needed the time apart but it's fate."
5. Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green: When news broke that the Hollywood couple was expecting another child, some fans weren't exactly sure of their relationship status. But everything was answered when the pair enjoyed a romantic babymoon getaway in Hawaii. "Brian and Megan are officially back together. They want to be a family. Divorce is not happening at all," a source shared with E! News. "They have worked through some issues and are more in love than ever now."
6. Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid: The couple, who broke up and called off their engagement late last year, proved that they're an item once again when they stepped onto the red carpet together at the BMI Pop Awards in May. "Just look at us. I love her," he shared with E! News. "I've always loved her."
7. Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro: Get crazy, get loud! While the Jersey Shore couple called it quits on their MTV series, the pair gave love another chance in 2016. While celebrating her 29th birthday, Sammi posted a photo of her "amazing" celebration beside Ronnie. "They are seeing each other again, [but] taking it slower this time around," a source shared. "They were just in Mexico together as well. They have a lot of history."
8. Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd: Don't dance around this connection! The two Dancing With the Stars pros dated for 10 months in 2012 and 2013 before they split. Fast forward to today and the couple is engaged and expecting a baby. "For years I knew Peta is the one for me," Maksim once shared with E! News. "She is the perfect fit with my family and she has made me a very happy man."
9. Bristol Palin and Dakota Meyer: After a whirlwind engagement and subsequent breakup followed by the news of a pregnancy, these two haven't exactly had a traditional love story. But perhaps the biggest surprise from these two came when they announced their secret wedding just last month. "Life is full of ups and downs but in the end, you'll end up where you're supposed to be," the couple shared with Entertainment Tonight. "We are so happy to share with loved ones the wonderful news that we got married! Hard work and God's grace are the foundation of our new life together, and with the love and support of our family we know we can get through anything."