Drake's latest album Views is most-definitely making a lot of people keep their phones at a safe distance in fear of texting their ex, but what might have given fans more heartbreak than the actual fall-out of their personal relationships is the news that hip-hop's pseudo couple has split.
During Drizzy's interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe for Beats1 Radio, he revealed that he and Nicki Minaj don't have the relationship they once had anymore. "I don't really talk to Nicki. Another person I have a lot of love for," he revealed, which could be due to the feud that ignited between Drake and Nicki's beau, Meek Mill, last summer.
"She dealt with me how I would expect her to—with class. I always have respect and love for her. Unfortunately, we haven't spoke."
While Drake is known for rapping about a lot of different women in his tracks, there's probably no one who has inspired him more than Minaj—and the fact that he was ready and willing to make it happen.
Drizzy has not shied away from expressing his love for Nicki in various one-liners and caption-worthy rhymes, so to mourn the death of one of our favorite faux rap couples, we're going to reminisce on some of his famous Nicki Minaj lyrics.
1. "Moment 4 Life," Pink Friday: "F--k it, me and Nicki nick getting married today/ And all you bitches that be hating/ Can catch the bouquet"
2. "Miss Me," Thank Me Later: "I love Nicki Minaj/ I told her I'd admit it/ I hope one day we get married just to say we f--king did it/ And girl I'm f--king serious I'm with it if you with it/ 'Cause your verses turn me on and your pants are mighty fitted/ Uh, damn, I think you caught me in a moment."
3. "Only," The Pinkprint: "I never f--ked Nicki cause she got a man/ But when that's over then I'm first in line/ And the other day in her Maybach/ I thought God damn, this is the perfect time/ We had just come from that video/ You know LA traffic, how the city slow/ She was sitting down on that big butt/ But I was still staring at the titties though"
4. "Back to Back," (diss to Meek Mill): "Is that a world tour or your girl's tour?/ I know that you gotta be a thug for her/ This ain't what she meant when she told you to open up more"
5. "Tuscan Leather," Nothing Was the Same: "Not even talkin' to Nicki, communication is breakin'/ I dropped the ball on some personal shit, I need to embrace it"
6. "Charged Up," (diss to Meek Mill): "Rumor has it, I either f--ked her or I never could, But rumor has it, hasn't done you ni--as any good."
And while the next one isn't confirmed to be about Minaj, it definitely has you wondering, considering his interview remarks:
7. "Keep the Family Close," Views: "All of my "let's just be friends" are friends I don't have anymore/ How do you not check on me when things go wrong.../ I always saw you for what you could've been/ And even when it's business with you it's personal again/ I knew you before you made ends meet now we're meeting our ends
"And its all because you chose a side/ You're supposed to put your pride aside and ride for me/ Guess it wasn't time/ And of course you went and chose a side that wasn't mine."
(Cue Drake's sulky selfie.)