by Gabi Duncan | Tue., Mar. 15, 2016 6:00 PM
Warning: Drama ahead!
In Tuesday's brand-new episode of Total Divas, Nikki Bella is determined to recover quickly after being sidelined from the wrestling ring with a neck injury. She asks boyfriend John Cena to help her rehab, but she soon regrets making him her coach when they butt heads.
Meanwhile, Nattie Neidhart attempts to bring everyone together to take a memorable family photo, but she loses it when the situation doesn't exactly go according to plan, and Rosa Mendes freaks out when Bobby takes a trip to Las Vegas and leaves her behind.
Catch up on the episode with these nine must-see moments!
1. Nattie introduces her parents to a weird, selfie technique: So, we've apparently been doing this wrong all along. "First of all, everybody close their eyes," Nattie instructs. "On the count of three, I want you to open them up and laugh hard." Who knew?! But her husband, TJ Wilson, is immediately skeptical of her unconventional method. "Nat, is this a real thing?" he asks, before laughing at the bizarre situation. "This isn't funny, TJ," she tells him. "You have absolutely no clue how to take a photo." Burn!
2. Nikki Bella receives her MRI results: The doctor tells Nikki she will need physical therapy and rehab to treat her neck injury, and she could possibly be out of the wrestling ring for up to six weeks. "I just had the highlight of my career happen and now everything is being taken away from me," she says. "It kind of makes you worry when you know you're going to be out because you don't want to be forgotten. It's the worst feeling to be forgotten."
3. Nattie slams the costumes her mom makes for their family portrait: "I'm so excited that we're actually taking the family photo seriously," Nattie says. "I just want everybody to look the part." Unfortunately, her vision doesn't align with reality when her mom shows up with costumes that feature bow ties and children's mittens.
"This is absurd," she says. "It's just weird. It's just not—it's creepy." Her frustration continues when she realizes the rest of her family actually isn't taking it seriously. "The way I picture our family taking this photo, you think about Kate Middleton. To me, I can't see why we aren't able to capture a moment like that. We're WWE royalty."
4. Rosa Mendes is pissed when Bobby ignores her phone call: Rosa is already suspicious about Bobby's trip to Vegas for work, but her paranoia skyrockets when he posts a shirtless photo on Instagram from a pool party. She decides to call him to find out what's up, but he sends her straight to voicemail. "A big red flag is when a guy doesn't answer his phone for hours," she says. "I'm not laughing right now. I'm pissed." Uh oh!
5. Nikki Bella hires two intense rehab coaches: "This is my first day of training and I'm excited to get back into this—to train, to get healthy and to get back into the ring," she says. She asks John and his trainer, Rob MacIntyre, to be her rehab coaches and keep her in check, but she is shocked when Rob tells her to significantly cut back on wine to only two to three days per week. "Can I do three glasses in one night?" she asks hopefully. Unfortunately, Rob shuts her down.
As their training continues, Nikki begins to feel even more pressure from John—especially after he takes her phone away. "John's secret of recovering quickly is he just breathes, eats and sleeps recovery," she says. "But this is day one and I'm trying to ease into this."
6. Nattie is even more irritated with her family on photo day: "The moment has finally come," Nattie says. "The photographer is on her way, everybody's taken a shower today and I really think we can pull this off." But she quickly becomes annoyed when her sister feels the need to pop open a bottle of wine before the shoot. "I don't know what she's doing. This is not a frat boy party," she says. "I don't need everybody hammered for this photo shoot."
Nattie eventually snaps on her family and storms off when the day doesn't end up going according to her plan. TJ notices Nattie's uptight attitude and tells her to lighten up. He also reminds her why the photo was supposed to be special in the first place. In an effort to make up, she decides they should just take a family selfie instead. "I love that my family is not perfect. No matter how dysfunctional we are, my family is in a great place right now," she admits. "We are still very united and that's what these pictures are all about."
7. Nikki Bella bends the wine rule: John continues to take his role as Nikki's coach seriously and makes sure to order Nikki one glass of wine during dinner with her mom. However, the waitress, who obviously doesn't know about the restriction, thwarts his plan when she comes back to the table to pour a little more vino into Nikki's glass. She decides to just roll with her good fortune and live a little. "We already broke it, so technically we should just start next week," she says. Cheers!
8. Rosa Mendes finds out Bobby was looking at engagement rings in Vegas: "I feel so stupid, but I'm so happy," she says. "I just feel like I made the biggest mistake." She continues, "Bobby is nothing like the men I've dated before and I can't compare him to anybody. I need to stop looking back in the past and thinking that's going to ruin my future."
9. Nikki tells John he's being overbearing—and then she apologizes: Nikki lashes out and calls John her "dad" after he encourages her to do her rehab treatment after dinner. "I don't need a father right now to tell me what to do," she snaps. "I know what I have to do, but I'm going to do it when I want." John decides to let her figure it out on her own and then walks out of the room.
As soon as he leaves, Nikki's mom gives her a reality check. "I don't blame him because you asked him to be your coach and that's what he was doing," she tells Nikki. "If you want someone to coach you and make you accountable, then embrace that."
After her mom's advice, Nikki finds John to apologize, and the couple decides to just stick to their romantic relationship. "John and I are totally better as lovers instead of rehab partners," she says. "I am still determined and dedicated to make it back into that ring. I'm going to do it my way."
Season eight of Total Divas premieres fall 2018.